Confident is the fifth studio album by American singer Demi Lovato. It was released on October 16, 2015, by Hollywood, Island and Safehouse Records. The album features guest appearances from Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and American rapper Sirah. While Lovato co-wrote most of the songs on the album, she worked with writers and producers such as Max Martin, Ryan Tedder, Steve Mac, Rami and Stargate, among others.
The album received positive reviews from critics, who praised its themes. Its lead single, "Cool for the Summer", was released on July 1, 2015, peaking at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and was certified double platinum by RIAA. The second single, "Confident", premiered on September 18, 2015, and peaked at number 21 on the Hot 100 and was certified platinum by RIAA. The third and final single, "Stone Cold", peaked at number 2 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 and was certified gold by RIAA. Following its release, the album debuted at number one in Canada, while reaching the top 10 in fifteen other countries, including the United Kingdom and the United States.
Confident was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 59th Grammy Awards.
On December 18, 2013, Lovato confirmed that she would not return to the The X Factor for a fourth season to focus on touring and recording her fifth album.
I've already started recording for my new album, and I have plans to record during the tour. The sound just evolves into everything that I've been and everything that I want to become.For "Confident", Lovato worked with music producers such as Max Martin, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Ali Payami, Jason Evigan, Johan Carlsson Steve Mac, Stargate, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, Babydaddy and Peter Carlsson.
I've never been so sure of myself as an artist when it comes down to confidence, but not only personal things, but exactly what I want my sound to be and what I know I'm capable of and this album will give me the opportunity to show people what I can really do.
On September 29, 2015, Demi sent her fans on a scavenger hunt. Demi announced that she was hiding special boxes, each on a different location. Each box contained a preview of a song from the album. The first two boxes were found that same day in New York City, the first box contained a snippet of "Stone Cold" while the second contained a snippet of "Old Ways". Demi performed "Stone Cold" in its entirety later that same day at the Highland Ballroom in New York.
In terms of music, "Confident" departs from the bubblegum pop and and synthpop sound of her previous album, DEMI. The album features a range of music genres: dance-pop, urban/R&B, pop rock, soul and gospel.
The album debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 98,000 units (77,000 in pure album sales). In the United Kingdom, the album debuted at number six on the UK Albums Chart, becoming her highest-charting album there to date. In July 2016, the album was certified gold by the RIAA, and has sold 211,000 copies in the United States.
She went on a co-headlining tour with Nick Jonas entitled "The Future Now Tour". This is Demi's fifth headlining tour, and Nick's third concert tour, promoting his third studio album "Last Year Was Complicated".
The co-headlining tour started on June 29, 2016, in Atlanta, Georgia and ended on September 17, 2016, in Inglewood, California. Lovato continued the tour as a sole headlining act on September 24, 2016 in New York City, and the tour concluded in Monterrey on October 19, 2016.
- "Cool for the Summer" was announced as the lead single from the album on June 25, 2015. It was released on July 1, 2015.
- "Confident" was announced as the second single from the album and was released on September 18, 2015.
- "Stone Cold" was released as a promotional single from the album on October 9, 2015. On February 6, 2016, the song was sent to contemporary hit radio as the third and final single off the album.
|1.||"Confident"||Demi Lovato, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh||Martin, Ilya||3:25|
|2.||"Cool for the Summer"||Lovato, Kotecha, Martin, Alexander Kronlund, Ali Payami||Martin, Payami||3:34|
|3.||"Old Ways"||Olivia Waithe, Jason Evigan, Scott Hoffman||Evigan, Babydaddy, Mitch Allan||3:24|
|4.||"For You"||Johan Carlsson, Dalton Grant, Susan Catanzaro||Johan Carlsson, Payami, Peter Carlsson||3:41|
|5.||"Stone Cold"||Lovato, Laleh Pourkarim, Gustaf Thörn||Pourkarim||3:11|
|6.||"Kingdom Come" (feat. Iggy Azalea)||Lovato, Julia Michaels, Steve Mac, Amethyst Amelia Kelly||Mac||4:04|
|7.||"Waitin' for You" (feat. Sirah)||Lovato, Michaels, Evigan, Mac, Sara Mitchell||Evigan, Allan, Mac||3:12|
|8.||"Wildfire"||Ryan Tedder, Nicole Morier, Tor Erik Hermansen, Mikkel Storleer Eriksen||Stargate, Allan||3:19|
|9.||"Lionheart"||Mac, Ina Wroldsen||Mac||4:04|
|10.||"Yes"||Lovato, Pourkarim||Pourkarim, Gustaf Thörn|
- ↑ Template:Cite news
- ↑ Here Is the Complete List of Nominees for the 2017 Grammys. Billboard (December 6, 2016). Retrieved on December 6, 2016.
- ↑ Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour Is The Start Of A 'F---ing Amazing' 2014 (February 7, 2014).
- ↑ http://radio.com/2015/09/29/demi-lovato-teases-tracks-from-confident-via-scavenger-hunt/
- ↑ http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/69207/Demi-Lovato-Confident/
- ↑ http://www.billboard.com/artist/300744/Demi+Lovato/chart?f=305
- ↑ http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/jamie-lawson-tops-official-albums-chart-i-m-really-over-the-moon-__11118/
- ↑ http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/podcasts/7423955/hozier-ask-pop-shop-podcast
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160403182224/http://demilovato.com/events/
- ↑ http://uk.eonline.com/news/710024/demi-lovato-and-nick-jonas-are-going-on-tour-together
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a788031/nick-jonas-reveals-new-album-title-last-year-was-complicated-along-with-release-date-and-tracklist/
- ↑ https://finance.yahoo.com/news/demi-lovato-nick-jonas-invite-131400497.html
- ↑ http://www.people.com/article/demi-lovato-headlines-global-citizen-tour-selena-gomez-break
|Oct 16, 2015 • 38:59 • Island • Safehouse • Hollywood|
|Released||Confident • Cool for the Summer • Old Ways • For You • Stone Cold • Kingdom Come • Waitin' for You • Wildfire • Lionheart • Yes • Father • Stars • Mr. Hughes|