Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person.
—Selena talking about Demi Lovato in an interview
|This singer/actress has her own wikia. Click here to visit it.|
|Birth Name:||Selena Marie Gomez|
|Date of Birth:||July 22, 1992|
|Hometown:||Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.|
|Occupation:||Actress, singer, fashion designer|
|Relationship with Demi|
|Relationship:||Former Best Friend|
Selena Marie Gomez (born on July 22, 1992) is Demi Lovato's best friend. They have worked together in the Disney Channel Original Movie Princess Protection Program and in their younger days, Barney and Friends. In 2009, Selena and Demi were very close. They are seen together on many occasions.
Relation with Demi Lovato
- Demi has tweeted that she loves Selena Gomez's new song, "Come & Get It".
- Demi said that, one time, Selena and Demi have goofed around on the Fourth of July. "We went into Target on the Fourth of July and we were speaking in British accents asking everyone why they were wearing red, white and blue," she recalls.
- Selena and Demi have not been close in 2011 and 2012. On May 14, 2013, Demi discussed their relationship. "We've been through a lot together," she said during her Live From MTV special on Tuesday, May 14. "We've had periods of time where we grew apart and we just didn't really talk. But now we're in a place where I think we realized that life is so short, and that when you have people in your life that love you so much, then you should just always be around them." On September 29, 2015, when asked if she keeps in touch with Selena, Demi replied, "Nope."
- In an interview with Total Girl in 2010, Selena said, "Me and Demi have been friends since we were six years old. We have much mutual admiration."
- The both worked together on a show called Studio DC: Almost Live.
- Demi talked about her relationship with Selena in an interview: Demi talks about Selena
- Selena told MTV News in 2009 or 2008 that she wanted Demi to guest-star on Wizards of Waverly Place.
- In an interview with The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Demi said that she and Selena "totally act like kids when we're around each other."
- In an interview with Teen Magazine, Selena said that she loved and cared about Demi.
- In an interview with J-14, Demi said that she and Selena always borrowed each other's clothes.
- When Demi and Selena were still infamous, they traveled together to Austin, Texas to go to a Disney Channel talent search. Demi shared to Twist, "On the way, we stopped for strawberry milkshakes and drank them in the car. When we were done, my older sister Dallas threw hers out the car window. The window [she threw the milkshake on] happened to be [closed], so the milkshake came into the car and splattered all over me and Selena!"
- Demi recently tweeted how excited she was for Selena because she was a big sister to Gracie Elliot Teefey.
- Selena dressed up like a tomboy when she was a kid.
- Similarly to Demi Lovato, she is of Mexican descent.
Selena Gomez & the Scene albums
- Kiss & Tell (2009)
- A Year Without Rain (2010)
- When the Sun Goes Down (2011)
- Stars Dance (2013)
- Revival (2015)